Friday, March 21, 2014

Believe in Me-- A plea from the heavy-hearted nurse

From all that I have seen.
I am reaching out to you.

You are hurting, you're in pain.

  Know that I am with you.

Dear one.
Sweet soul.

Hear my plea.

I want to help take away the suffering that this World conjures.
But please.
Give me a chance.

I've chosen to help carry these burdens.
       I see you
And deep in my chest emotions spring forth, all unbeknownst to me until the cup runs over.

Please. Lower your voice. Place those angry words aside.

In that bed I see my mother, father, brother, sister, grandmother, grandfather.

Most importantly, I see you.

  I see those who've gone before you, those that were saved and those I've lost.

It's okay to cry, it's okay to be upset.

But when you tear down on my strength, on my hopes in you, I grow weary.

I don't have enough power for this and so I reach above.

  We are in this together..

But you must give me a chance.

You are family, you are friends, you are patients.

Hear my pleading cry.

I worked hard for this, I worked hard for you. I've spent years waiting to be here for you at your lowest moment. This is a choice I knowingly made.                                 I've been called to your side.

Sweet love, sweet angels.

Please see me standing here
wanting,
hurting,
desiring to do nothing more
than to help you heal.

To have a better life.

To be free.

To grow.

To give light.

To touch another soul, to lift them from a dark and unruly place.

Please see me and my intention.

      I am a messenger and a mediator in this scary place.

I reach above for strength and yet I waver when the onslaught is strong.

I am humanity.
I am the embodiment of all that is imperfect.
But I will always try.
I always will try for you.

Sweet love.

Please understand I want to be here with you. All of you.

I am all in.
I will strive.
I will fight.
I will fight through all obstacles in order that you may feel strength again.

When at first note mistrust and anger spring forth in waves from you, my dear ones, all comes crashing down on the goals that have been intricately woven for you on this journey.

Release and relinquish that control.

I am a messenger.

I am here for you. I was sent here to be with you.

I have these hands, this spirit, this heart-- it is willingly given.

All you have to do is allow it my love.

 
 
All you have to do is just listen.

1 comment: